IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Many devices support entering the IP address manually. This information is provided to help guide you through the manual steps used for most devices. If it's not necessary to enter your IP address manually, it's recommended to use the easy setup.
Before you start
- You should have a good understanding of your network, the settings of your router, and able to obtain the necessary information from your computer to manually set the IP address of your device.
- The design and settings of your router determine the steps to setup the IP address and proxy server settings on your device. If the router has not automatically assigned an IP address to the device, you may be able to set the IP address manually.
- Some models don't support manually setting the IP address when using the wireless connection option.
Manually setting the IP address of your device
- Obtain the following IP information from your computer.Note: If your device is already connected to the internet, the IP information may also be obtained from the network connection status of the device.
- IP address or IPv4 address
- Subnet Mask (not required on all devices)
- Default Gateway
- Enter the IP information in the network settings of your device.Note: The steps to change the network settings of your device may vary depending on the model. Check the manual for model-specific information.