IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
To set the Dolby Dolby Dynamic Range follow the next steps:
- Access the Settings screen according to your TV remote options:
- Press the Quick Settings ( or ) button, then select Settings. (For models with the Quick settings button on the remote)
- Press the HOME button, then select Settings.
- The following steps depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Display & Sound → Sound → Volume level → Dolby Dynamic Range.
- Select Sound → Sound → Advanced settings → Input related → Dolby Dynamic Range.
- Select Standard or Compressed.
- Standard mode takes the widest dynamic range because signals are directly played back. Quiet signals remain quiet and loud signals remain loud.
- Compressed mode compresses the volume difference and increases the overall volume. The audio is easier to hear, regardless of the dynamic range of the sound source.
Note: This setting affects Dolby Digital®, Dolby Digital Plus™, and Dolby® AC-4 sound sources.