Important: This article only applies to specific products, countries and/or operating systems. Please check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article, and the Supported Countries article for details.
How to change the volume using Alexa depends on the situation.
If there is an external speaker or soundbar connected to your TV
Saying things like set volume to 15 doesn't work. Instead you can say volume up and volume down along with the name of the device you want to operate.
- On the Amazon Alexa™ app on your smartphone, check the name of the TV or device you want to operate.
- Say the desired voice command:
- Alexa, volume up on (TV name).
- Alexa, volume down on (device name).
The volume will adjust in 10 level increments.Note: Increment levels are subject to change by Amazon specification (as of September 2019)
- Repeat the command as needed.
If there is not an external speaker or soundbar connected to your TV
Use the steps below to set Speakers in the TV menu to TV speakers.
- Press the HOME button on your TV remote.
- Select Settings.
- The next steps will vary based on your TV menu options
- Select Display & Sound → Audio Output → Speakers → TV Speakers.
- Select Sound → Speakers → TV Speakers.
*Amazon and Alexa are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.