IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If your Android TV™ device displays the message Error: The system has encountered an error. Please contact Sony, then power reset or restart your TV:
- Unplug the TV power cord from the wall outlet, wait two minutes, then plug the power cord back in.
Select the method depending on your TV.
- Restart the TV with the supplied remote control:
- Press and hold the POWER button until Power off appears on the screen
- Press and hold the POWER button until a menu appears → select Restart
- Restart the using the menu. On the remote:
- Press (Quick Settings) → Settings → System → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → Settings → About → Restart → Restart
- Press HOME → Settings → Device Preferences → About → Restart → Restart
*Android TV is a trademark of Google LLC.