- HDMI cable
- HDMI IN
HDMI® connection is recommended for optimum picture quality. If your BD/DVD player has an HDMI jack (socket), connect it using a HDMI cable.
- After securing the connection, turn on the TV and the connected BD/DVD player.
On the supplied TV remote, press the (Input) button and select the BD/DVD player.
Start playback on the player.
- If you connect a device to a TV that has Control for HDMI feature, you can control both devices using the TV's remote.
- If the device has a DVI jack (socket), connect it to the HDMI (with AUDIO IN) port through a DVI - HDMI adaptor interface (not supplied), and connect the device’s audio out jacks (sockets) to HDMI 2 AUDIO IN or HDMI 3 AUDIO IN. Port labels varies depending on your model/region/ country.
These are basic troubleshooting steps based on the latest TV models. Refer to your product manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page. If the symptom still persists, contact Product Support.
- No picture appears on the TV screen when I connected the player through HDMI.
For some 2014 TV models (i.e. KDL-xxWxxxB Series), use the Problem Diagnosis feature of the TV to detect symptoms from the input devices.
Press HOME button → Help → Customer Support → Problem Diagnosis: External Device Symptom.
Check the following:
- Is the HDMI cable connected correctly?
- Is the correct HDMI input selected?
- If you mistakenly select a resolution that your TV doesn't support, you can reset it to factory default. In this case, press STOP button on the player for more than ten seconds to reset the video output resolution to the lowest resolution.