Follow this procedure to troubleshoot cable box channels not changing on the television through a composite A/V component Y/Pb/Pr (red, blue and green) or HDMI cable connection.
- Turn both the television and cable box off.
- Verify that the composite A/V (yellow, white and red) component Y/Pb/Pr (red, blue and green) or HDMI cable is connected securely to the cable box LINE OUT jacks and the television VIDEO input jacks.
NOTE: If a VCR is connected between the cable box and the television, verify that the composite A/V cable goes from the cable box LINE OUT, to the VCR LINE IN connection, then from the VCR LINE OUT connection to the television VIDEO IN connection.
- Turn both the television and cable box on.
NOTE: If a VCR is in this connection, verify it is plugged into a working AC power outlet, turn it on and set it to the LINE IN mode.
- Tune the television to the VIDEO IN mode by pressing the TV/VIDEO button on the television remote control.
- Use the set-top box remote control to change channels.
- If the television picture is snowy, the television is not set to VIDEO IN.
- If the television picture gets snowy when changing channels, the channel that is being changed is the television, not the cable box. Press the TV/VIDEO button on the television remote control to tune the television back to VIDEO IN.
- If the set-top box remote control can operate more than one piece of equipment, make sure it is set to operate the set-top box. You may have to press a function button, for example, the CABLE button, to make sure the remote control is communicating with the desired piece of equipment. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the set-top box for more information.
- If the picture on the television does not change, replace the batteries in the cable box remote control.