This error message may display when connecting a set-top box to a TV that has High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP) using a DVI or HDMI® cable. It is being produced by the set-top box, not the TV.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Turn off the set-top box.
- Unplug the set-top box power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Allow the set-top box to remain without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the set-top box power cord back into the electrical outlet.
- Turn on the set-top box.
- Ensure that the TV has been set to the correct DVI or HDMI input .
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, or if the issue goes away and comes back later, then it will be necessary to contact the set-top box provider.