- The TV must have composite audio output or monitor output jacks to complete this procedure.
- The headphone transmitter also can be connected to the AUDIO OUT jacks of a connected external device such as a VCR, set-top box (cable or satellite box), DVD player, Blu-ray Disc® player, game console, etc.
- Before you proceed with this connection, check if the wireless headphones or speakers is using rechargeable batteries. If yes, make sure to fully charge the batteries according to the instructions that came supplied with your headphones or speakers.
This article explains how to connect headphones that have a wireless transmitter connected to the TV. But you can also connect your headphones to many other devices. Below is an illustration with steps for proper connection of your TV and the external device.
- On the back or the side of the TV, connect one end of the audio cable to the MONITOR OUT jack, AUDIO OUT or 3.5 mm output jack for some TV models.
IMPORTANT: If you want to receive audio via the headphones while at the same time hearing audio from the TV speakers, connect the headphones to your cable or satellite box rather than your TV. If you want to hear the audio from a DVD player or a similar device connected to your TV, connect the headphones to the audio out of your TV. You may need to enable the speaker setting on your TV to hear both sources at the same time. Refer to the operating instructions of the TV if additional assistance is needed.
- If connecting to a MONITOR OUT jack, you may have the ability to have the speakers of the TV on and also hear the audio from the wireless headphones or speakers.
- If connecting to an AUDIO OUT jack, it may be necessary to disable the internal speakers of the TV prior to using the wireless headphones or speakers.
- Consult the instruction manual of the TV for specific information.
- On the back of the transmitter, connect the other end of the audio cable to the AUDIO IN jack.
- On the back of the transmitter, connect the AC power adapter for the transmitter into the DC IN 9V jack.
- Plug the AC power adapter for the transmitter into an AC outlet.
- Adjust the TV volume to the desired level.
- Make sure that the wireless headphones or speakers are powered on and that the volume is adjusted to the desired level.
NOTE: If model-specific information is needed about the features and capabilities of your TV, refer to the operating instructions that came supplied with the television.