There is no audio or poor audio after pairing the headphones to a computer
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
To stream high-quality music, the headphones must be paired to a Bluetooth® enabled device that supports the A2DP profile.
Sound quality when listening to music from a computer through your headphones may be poor for the first few seconds after the Bluetooth® connection is established. For example, it may be difficult to hear the vocals of the music. This is due to the computer specifications and is not a malfunction of your headphones. The computer transmits music with priority on connection stability. After a few seconds, it changes the priority to sound quality.
If the sound quality doesn't improve after a few seconds, additional troubleshooting is available below.
Before you start
- If you have the WF-1000XM3 headphones, information is available if there is no sound when connected to a Microsoft® Windows® computer using Bluetooth.
- Not all Bluetooth headphones support the A2DP profile. Additional information about Bluetooth technology and the profiles supported by your headphones is available in the product manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If you need more information about setting your computer to a supported proile, check your computer manual.
Configure the computer to connect using A2DP
- Press the Play button one time during playback.
- Configure your computer to connect using an A2DP profile.
- For instructions on how to operate the computer, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.
- Depending on the capabilities of your computer, you may need to perform these additional steps:
- On your computer, click on the Bluetooth icon.
- Scroll down to the connected headphones.
- Highlight the connected headphones, and two choices will appear:
- Click on Headphones.
- This should increase the sound quality through your headphones.
A separate article is available if you're unable to pair your headphones with a Bluetooth device.