This article provides instructions on how to pair your Bluetooth® device to a notebook or desktop computer with a Microsoft® Windows® or Apple® Mac® OS X® operating system.
Before you start
- Make sure to turn up the volume level on the computer.
- Make sure your computer supports the Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) Bluetooth® profile.
- The drivers needed to connect your device to a computer are already included in the operating system.
- If your computer asks for a Bluetooth driver, contact your computer manufacturer.
- Pairing steps are general and may vary depending on your Bluetooth device and the computer operating system. Check your product manuals for model-specific instructions.
The instructions may vary depending on your Bluetooth device model and computer's operating system (OS). Follow the instructions accordingly.
Watch the video for pairing steps or skip to the steps for more detailed instructions.
Step 1: Put the headphones or speaker into pairing mode
Putting the headphones or speaker in pairing mode makes it discoverable by the computer.
For most devices, press and hold the Power button continuously for 5-7 seconds or until the Bluetooth indicator flashes rapidly (depending on the device).
- Your Bluetooth headphones and speakers may immediately go into pairing mode when used for the first time or after initializing (reset). However, the second time you pair it, you may have to press and hold the Power button for 5-7 seconds.
- Headphones with a charging case will automatically enter the pairing mode when you remove them from the charging case the first time or after initializing.
Step 2: Pair the devices and set the sound output on the computer
The images and descriptions used in these steps are only an example. What you see may be slightly different depending on your devices.