IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
If the power on the headphones is not turning on, the battery may not be inserted correctly or the battery may need to be replaced. Check the following items to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If model-specific information is needed to complete any of the steps, refer to the instructions supplied with the product.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the power status after completing each step.
- The rechargeable battery may be dead.
- If the headphones are being used for the first time, or if the headphones have not been used for a long time, the battery will need to be fully charged before use.
- Depending on the age and prior usage of the rechargeable battery, the battery may need to be replaced with a new one.
- The supplied battery may not be inserted correctly.
- Remove the battery, check the polarity and reinsert the battery in the correct direction.
- The headphones may have been set on the transmitter in the opposite direction.
- Remove the headphones from the transmitter and then place them back down with the triangle arrows matching up at the base of the transmitter.
NOTE: When the headphones are set on the transmitter correctly, the POWER/CHARGE indicator on the transmitter should light up in red.
- If using dry batteries instead of the rechargeable battery, replace the batteries with new AAA alkaline batteries.
- This wireless headphone system is designed to charge only the supplied rechargeable battery type BP-HP550-11. Other rechargeable batteries are not guaranteed to work.
- When dry batteries are installed, the battery charge function will not be activated.
- Charge in an environmental temperature of between 32 degrees and 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.