IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
If the disc is damaged or was inserted incorrectly it may cause the tray of the Blu-ray Disc™ player to malfunction. Try the following steps to troubleshoot the issue:
- Turn off your device.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Allow your device to remain without power for 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE or EJECT button on the front panel of the disc player, then press the PLAY, EJECT, and STOP buttons on the remote control simultaneously.
- For some Blu-ray Disc Home Theater models, it's necessary to press and hold the OPEN/CLOSE and PLAY buttons simultaneously, then plug the power cord back in.
- You may need assistance from a second person to perform the steps above.
- After the tray opens, remove the disc.
If the issue still occurs, the device may need repair. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.
- For 2016 Blu-ray players, if TLK ON or LOCKED appears on the front panel of the disc player, unlock the device to resolve the issue.
- For internet capable players, you can't open the disc tray when playing a video app since it can only play one function at a time. To open the disc tray, exit the app or go to the HOME screen.