- The Blu-ray Disc player must be turned on to open the disc tray. If it is powered off, the OPEN/CLOSE button will not function.
- The disc tray will not open while a disc is loading. This is normal operation.
Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue:
- Make sure the disc tray is not locked, unlock the disc tray if needed.
- Perform a power reset.
- Press and hold the POWER button for 10 seconds until the Blu-ray Disc player turns off.
- After the Blu-ray Disc player turns off, press the POWER button again to turn it back on.
- Open the disc tray by pressing the OPEN/CLOSE button on the front of the Blu-ray Disc player.
- If the disc tray still does not open and a disc is stuck inside, follow these steps to force the disc tray to eject.
- Turn off the Blu-ray Disc player.
- Turn the Blu-ray Disc player back on.
- Immediately after POWER ON is displayed, press the STOP button on the front of the player.
- Only use the STOP button on the front of the Blu-ray Disc player. The remote control cannot be used for this operation.
- The disc tray should eject and the Blu-ray Disc player will turn off. If it does not eject, repeat steps above.
- It may be necessary to press the STOP button in the third step two or three times.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.