IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Recover Your Password
To recover your Sony® ESSENTIALS password from the website:
- On your computer, go to the Sony ESSENTIALS website.
- On the login screen, click on the Reset or Forgot your password? link.
- On the Forgot Your Password? screen, type in your E-mail Address that you used to create the Sony ESSENTIALS account and then click Continue.
- A Reset Password message appears after you enter the email address and click continue.
- An automated e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address with a link to reset your password.
- Click the link on the email and you'll be directed to a page where you can update your password.
- After resetting your password, you can log back into the Sony ESSENTIALS website.
IMPORTANT: A valid password must be 8-25 characters, with at least one letter and one number used, no spaces and no special characters.