IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
To continue enjoying all the features and content, including premium content available on your Sony® device, you will need to link your replacement or repaired device as a new device on your Sony Essentials account and unlink the old device.
If you have accounts set up with premium content providers (such as Netflix® video or Amazon® app), you may also need to perform the same activity of linking the repaired or replacement device and removing the old device.
- Reconnect your device to your active Internet connection.
- Turn on the Sony device and obtain the registration code.
- Press the HOME button on the remote control.
- Press the right arrow and scroll to Network.
- Press the down arrow to scroll down to Activated Enhanced Features.
- Press the SELECT button.
- Write down the 4-digit registration code that is displayed on a piece of paper.
- On your computer, go to the Sony Essentials website and log in.
NOTE: There is a different procedure if you want to recover a lost or forgotten password .
- After logging in, click the Registration link.
- Next to Device Type, click the down arrow and select the type of device you are registering from the drop-down menu.
- In the Registration code field, enter the 4-digit code you wrote down in step 3.
- Click the Continue button.
- After the registration is completed, click View Devices.
- To unlink an old device you no longer have, click the Unlink button.