IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
- Not all Sony® car stereos can connect with a phone via Bluetooth® connection. To see if your unit has the Bluetooth capability, check the supplied operating guide or instructions manuals. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- For specifications, such as whether your phone is compatible with Bluetooth connection, refer to the instruction manual of the device.
Check the following items:
- Verify that the Bluetooth car audio system has been paired with the phone. Pairing the Bluetooth car audio system and the phone is required to establish connection between both units.
To pair the car audio and your phone, see the following procedure:
- Make sure Bluetooth is activated on the device you wish to pair to the car audio.
- Select the Bluetooth source (Phone).
- Go to Bluetooth Menu.
- In the Bluetooth settings menu, press Pairing
- The above procedure is an example. If you cannot pair using this procedure or you want more details on the procedure, refer to the instruction manual of this unit or the connecting phone.
- Depending on the connecting device, the time limit for pairing may differ.
- Pairing is required on the initial set-up. The Car audio unit and the connecting device will recognize each other automatically the next time.
- If the car audio unit and phone is not pairing after following the procedure, the phone may not be compatible with this unit.
- When the Media Player is being used on the phone, it might not be possible to make a connection. Close the Media Player and try the connection.
NOTE: If any other application is running, close it all and then try to reconnect.
- When turned on, the car audio will automatically try to connect to the last connected handsfree device. This may take some time. If you connected a different phone, manually select the phone you want to connect to.
NOTE: When connecting the phone to the unit, note the following points:
- While connected to a Bluetooth device, this unit cannot be detected by another device.
- Disconnect the current connection and search for this unit from another device. The disconnected device can be reconnected by selecting from the list of registered devices.
- Depending on the status of the other device (phone), searching from this unit may not be possible. Search for this car audio unit from the other device (phone).
- Depending on the specifications of the connecting device (phone), you might not be able to automatically connect from this unit. If this unit does not reconnect automatically, connect manually.
NOTE: For details on how to connect the MEX-BT2500, MEX-BT2600, MEX-BT2700, MEX-BT2800, MEX-BT3600U, MEX-BT3700U, MEX-BT3800U, or MEX-BT4700U manually, see the procedure on how to establish a manual connection from the car stereo to a Bluetooth device .