NOTE: Some VAIO® notebooks include a feature that allows disabling of the touchpad by pressing the Fn+F1 buttons on the built-in keyboard. Try holding down the Fn key and press the F1 key to see if the touchpad is re-enabled.
- Remove any media from the optical disc drive.
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect all peripherals, including external USB or wireless mouse and keyboard.
- Restart the computer in Safe Mode .
- Verify if the right and left touchpad buttons function correctly.
- If Touchpad button(s) do not function properly, document which button is not working.
If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service will be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.