Follow these steps to troubleshoot why the keyboard or touchpad are not working.
- Verify that the keyboard battery is fully charged.
- If just the touchpad is not working, verify the power switch is in the ON (middle) position and not in the TOUCHPAD OFF (far-right) position.
- If the keyboard is not working, verify the power switch is in the ON (middle) or TOUCHPAD OFF (right) position.
- The power switch for the keyboard has three positions: (from left to right) OFF, ON, and TOUCHPAD OFF.
- The TOUCHPAD OFF position is denoted by a touch pad symbol with an X.
If the keyboard battery is fully charged and the power switch is in the ON position, yet the keyboard or touchpad are still not working, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.