The Tablet cannot control multiple devices using the same button within a Remote Control entry. But you can create a custom Remote Control entry that controls key functions on multiple devices. This will allow your custom Remote Control entry to act as a Universal Remote, Command Console Remote or Multiple Remote Controller.
Follow this procedure to create a custom Remote Control entry.
- On the desktop, tap the Home icon.
- In the upper-left corner of the desktop home screen, tap the Remote control icon.
- In the Remote control screen, tap the Register device button.
- In the Register device screen, tap to select Learn from remote control, and then tap the Next button.
- In the Select the category of your device screen, tap the Category field and then tap to select Other.
- Once the Other category has been selected, tap the Next button.
- In the Tap the following remote control buttons... screen, tap the Right Arrow icon.
NOTE: This will display a blank remote control with buttons that have no pre-set labels. This will allow you to customize all the buttons with multiple devices and label those buttons accordingly.
- In the custom Tap the following remote control buttons... screen, tap one of the remote control buttons displayed on the tablet.
- At the Edit buttons prompt, tap Learn remote commands.
- In the Learn remote commands screen, move the device remote control to the position illustrated on the screen, and once in place, tap the Start button.
- Now press and hold the desired button on the device remote control.
- The prompt will change once the remote command has been learned.
- You should now see that the button displayed on the tablet is dark, indicating that the button has been learned.
- It may be necessary to repeat steps 7 and 8 until the remote command has been learned.
- In the custom Tap the following remote control buttons... screen, tap the newly learned button and on the Edit buttons menu, tap Edit button labels.
- In the Edit button labels screen, use the on-screen keyboard to appropriately label the button, and then tap OK.
NOTE: It is recommended that the label you give the button include device that will be controlled as well as the function of that device being controlled. For example, HiDef TV - Volume. This will allow you to distinguish this button from other buttons you learn for other devices.
- Repeat steps 8-14 until all the desired device remote control commands, for all the desired devices have been learned and labeled.
- Once all desired remote control commands have been learned, in the Tap the following remote control buttons... screen, tap Next.
- In the Register device screen, tap the Next button.
- In the Register the device with the following settings screen, tap the Name field and use the on-screen keyboard to appropriately label the remote control.
- It is recommended that the label you give the remote control include all the devices that will be controlled. This will allow you to distinguish this remote control from any other devices you may register.
- If desired, you can also change the Category label in the same manner as you changed the Name.
- If desired, you can also change the icon use to represent the device by tapping the Change icon button and tapping to select the icon you want to use.
- In the Register the device with the following settings screen, once all the settings are as you want them, tap the Finish button.
You will now see the Remote control screen with the icon of the device you have just registered.
- To register additional devices, tap the new Register device button.
- You can also change any of the following using the menu icon: