IMPORTANT: Not all VAIO® models have the USB charge port support. Refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
This article is for USB 2.0 or 3.0 ports that support charging.
NOTE: Default setting for USB charging is set to off (unchecked).
Follow these steps to enable USB charging:
- Click Start.
- Locate VAIO Control Center in All Programs.
- In the VAIO Control Center window, click Power Management.
- Under Power Management, click USB Charging Settings.
- Check the box to enable USB devices to be charged while off, in hibernation or sleep mode.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply, then click OK.
When this USB charge setting is turned on, USB devices plugged into the USB charge port will charge from the computer even if the computer is off, in hibernate or sleep mode.