The Imaging Edge Mobile app can be used to transfer supported file formats for images and videos to a mobile device.
Types of images or movies that can be transferred
- Still images: JPEG format
- Movies: MP4 format (except XAVC S)
- The following file formats cannot be transferred to a mobile device using the Imaging Edge Mobile app:
- AVCHD movies.
- Audio files recorded using the HDR-MV1 in .WAV file.
- Movies recorded in PS mode, HS120 mode or HS240 mode cannot be transferred to an Apple® iOS® mobile device.
- Portrait orientation movies in MP4 file format with a resolution of 1080 or higher cannot be transferred using an iPhone® 4 mobile digital device.
Example of movies that were recorded by the following devices that cannot be transferred to a mobile device using the Imaging Edge Mobile app:
- HDR-MV1: MP4 (1920x1080)
- Action Cam: HQ mode (1920x1080)
- DSC-TX300V (1440x1080)
The images are stored in the Imaging Edge Mobile folder in the internal memory of the mobile device, or on a microSD/SD card when using an Android™ operating system.
When using the iOS® operating system, the images are stored in the Apple iPhone → Internal Storage → DCIM folder.