Follow the steps below to troubleshoot this issue.
IMPORTANT: If the camcorder is connected to the TV using an S-Video or a component cable, the red and white audio connection also must be used. S-Video and component cables only carry the video signal to the TV.
- Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the sound after completing each step.
- If model-specific information is required to complete any of the steps in this solution, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Ensure both ends of the cable you are using are connected securely to both the camcorder and TV.
- Ensure nothing is connected to the headphone jack on the camcorder or the headphone jack on the TV.
- Ensure the television volume is not muted.
- Try increasing the volume on the television.
- Check if there is an output setting in the camcorder menu that needs enabled.
- Connect the camcorder to different video input on the TV.
- If your camcorder uses a tape, try playing a different tape.
NOTE: If the tape was recorded with a different camcorder, the issue may be related to the compatibility of the recording made from the other camcorder. Attempt to playback a tape recorded with this camcorder to see if the issue remains.
- Try connecting the camcorder to another TV.
- Replace the connecting cable.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.