Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the touchpad.
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
- Turn off the computer.
- Ensure that an external PS/2®, serial or USB mouse is not connected to the computer.
- Turn on the computer.
- If possible, connect a PS/2 or serial mouse to the computer.
NOTE: If connecting an external mouse works, disconnect the mouse and try the touchpad again. If the touchpad works, there is no need to continue with the remainder of this procedure.
- Reinstall the touchpad drivers. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
- Reinitialize the mouse driver .
- Reset the BIOS defaults.
- Use System Restore to restore the registry to when the mouse last worked.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.