Before You Start
- If you're using a cable box, set-top box, or satellite receiver, a separate article about a TV displays no signal is available.
- Make sure that there's no LED light bulb placed near your TV because it may affect the ability of your TV to display some digital channels below channel 13. If any of these channels disappear while it's turned on, move or replace it.
Check the channel signal after each step. If model-specific information is required to complete a step, check your manual for details. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Make sure to connect the cable or antenna wire to the VHF/UHF input on your TV.
- If you're using signal splitters for multiple TVs, the signal strength may decrease and as a result, your TV may display blue screen or snowy picture.
- If there's a VCR connected to your TV, turn it off.
- Set your TV to the correct signal type.
- Perform auto program based on your TV type.
- If auto program doesn't work, manually program the channels of your TV.
- If you can view some digital channels when entering them on the remote but can't store them, the signal for that channel may be too weak.
- Connect the antenna or cable to a different TV.
Note: If you get the same issue with a different TV, the antenna or cable service is faulty.
- If you are using an antenna, try adjusting its position.
- The type of reception that you'll receive will depend on the antenna type that you're using and how far a particular station is. Visit the AntennaWeb website to check which stations are available in your area and the recommended type of antenna to use.
- TVs with digital tuners require a signal strength of at least 25% before a digital broadcast displays on the screen. A low digital broadcast signal may also cause intermittent signal loss. The Federal Communications Committee has set up a support center for customers who are experiencing transmission issues with specific DTV stations. In these cases, call 1-888-Call-FCC (225-5322) for further assistance.
If the issue still occurs, repair may be required. Go to Product Repair.