- If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- If you are unable to perform any of the steps listed below, we recommend that you contact a qualified, professional installer for assistance.
NOTE: Because each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check for static after completing each step.
- Static can be a result of poor signal strength from radio stations. Tune the radio to a different station or try playing a CD or cassette tape.
- If applicable, adjust the FADER or BALANCE control functions to see if there is any change.
- Turn off any devices that may be causing radio interference, such as a portable navigational system, a cellular telephone or a satellite radio.
- Reset the car stereo.
- Verify there are no loose wires and the speakers are securely connected.
- Make sure there are no objects pressed against any of your speakers, which may cause a static sound.
- You may have a blown speaker. Disconnect all the speakers you have connected, and then connect each one separately to locate which speaker is causing the static or distortion. Replace with a different speaker.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.