If you are getting no audio or sound through the car stereo, there may be an incorrect setting or a loose connection. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
- If model-specific information is needed to complete any of these steps, refer to the operating instructions supplied with the product. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Sony recommends that all car stereo installations be performed by a qualified, professional installer.
- If you are unable to hear voice through the speakers when making a hands-free Bluetooth® wireless connection, a separate article to obtain the resolution for this issue is available.
- Before operating the system for the first time, replacing the car battery, changing the connections or adding components to your system, the car stereo receiver must be reset.
- Turn on the stereo system.
- Verify all speaker channel connections are accurate and secure.
- If an amplifier is installed, verify that it is connected correctly and has power.
- If the car stereo receiver has an audio Attenuation (ATT) feature, make sure it is turned off.
- Some systems offer a subwoofer (SUB) volume setting that can be edited through the menu of the car stereo. If the Sub/Rear option is set to SUB-OUT, there is no option to fade from front to rear. If applicable to your model, be sure this option is set to match your setup preference: either SUB-OUT for outputting to a subwoofer or REAR-OUT for outputting to a power amplifier.
- Attempt to adjust the volume.
- Press the MUTE button, if available.
- If applicable, adjust the Fader or Balance control.
- When using an auxiliary input for XM Radio® service or a CD changer, make sure the car stereo is set to the appropriate auxiliary input.
- If there is sound from the FM receiver but not from an auxiliary input for XM radio or a CD changer, verify the auxiliary device is properly connected to the car stereo.
- Depending on the vehicle installation, if the installation does not include a full 5.1 speaker configuration, make sure the 5.1CH output in the audio settings is set to DOWNMIX. Otherwise, this will result in losing a channel of audio.
- Connect the speakers to a known-working connection to verify the speakers are in good working condition.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Go to Product Repair.