Intermittent flashing may occur if the connectors need to be cleaned or if something affected the memory of the car stereo system, such as a power fluctuation. Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
IMPORTANT: Consult the operating instructions of the car stereo for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The car stereo may not function properly if the connectors between the unit and the front panel are not clean. In order to prevent this, do the following:
WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury. For safety, before cleaning the connectors, turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Do not apply too much force when cleaning the connectors. Otherwise, the connectors may be damaged.
- Never touch the connectors directly with your fingers or any metal device.
- Open the front panel.
- Detach the front panel from the car stereo receiver.
- Using a cotton swab lightly dipped, not soaked, in alcohol, clean the connectors on the front of the main unit and on the back of the front panel.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes before reattaching the front panel.
NOTE: Information regarding cleaning the connectors is available in the manual that came with your product.
- Press and hold the OFF button for a few seconds.
NOTE: On some models, this will toggle the display on and off.
- Press the RESET button with a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.
NOTE: Pressing the RESET button will erase the clock setting and some of the stored contents.
- Check to see if your unit has a dimmer setting, which can disable the display. If your car stereo does have this setting, make sure to turn this setting off.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.