Text will display incorrectly if the connectors need to be cleaned or if a mode setting needs to be adjusted on the car stereo receiver. Follow these steps to try to resolve this issue:
IMPORTANT: Consult the operating instructions of the car stereo for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- Check if your car stereo has a dimmer setting, which can disable the display. If your car audio system does have this setting, try all of the available dimmer settings.
- Press and hold the OFF button for a few seconds.
NOTE: On some models, this will toggle the display on and off.
- The car stereo may not function properly if the connectors between the receiver and the front panel are not clean. In order to prevent this, do the following:
WARNING: There is a risk of personal injury. For safety, before cleaning the connectors, turn off the engine and remove the key from the ignition switch.
- Do not apply too much force when cleaning the connectors. Otherwise, the connectors may be damaged.
- Never touch the connectors directly with your fingers or any metal device.
- Open the front panel.
- Detach the front panel from the main unit.
- Using a cotton swab lightly dipped, not soaked, in alcohol, clean the connectors on the front of the main unit and on the back of the front panel.
- Wait approximately 2 minutes before reattaching the front panel.
NOTE: Information regarding cleaning the connectors is available in the manual that came with your product.
- Press the RESET button with a pointed object, such as a ball-point pen.
NOTE: Pressing the RESET button will erase the clock setting and some of the stored contents.
If the issue is still unresolved, service may be required. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.