Follow this procedure to install the Palm™ Desktop for CLIE® software.
IMPORTANT: Installing the Palm™ Desktop for CLIE® software over an existing Palm™ Desktop software installation is not supported. Uninstall any previous Palm™ Desktop software before proceeding.
NOTE: The CLIE® Migration Tool is a utility available to assist in the transfer of older Personal Information Manager (PIM) user data to the Palm™ Desktop for CLIE® software. The CLIE® Migration Tool is available for download from the Sony® CLIE® Handheld Support Web site at http://www.sony.com/peg/support .
- On the computer, insert the CLIE® Installation CD into the CD/DVD drive.
- On the CLIE® installation screen, in the Select Country/Region section, click the Select button for the appropriate location.
- In the CLIE Desktop section, next to Palm Desktop for CLIE , click the Install button.
- In the Palm Desktop - InstallShield Wizard window, click the Next button.
- In the Setup Type window, click the Next button.
- In the Select User window, click the Create New User button.
- In the Create User Account window, enter a user name and then click the Next button.
- In the Connections window, click the Next button.
- In the Ready to Install the Program window, click the Install button.
- In the InstallShield Wizard Complete window, click to clear the View CLIE Info box.
- Click the Finish button.
- On the Installation CD screen, click the Finish button.