It is normal for the camera to lose time and date settings if the internal battery is left uncharged for an extended period of time; some cameras will default to the time-setting screen when turned on if this happens. Follow the steps below to resolve this issue.
- Turn off the camera.
- Do one of the following:
- Insert a fully-charged battery pack into the camera.
- If the camera is supplied with an AC power adapter, plug the adapter into a working electrical outlet and then connect it to the camera.
- Allow the internal battery that retains the time and date information to charge for at least 24 hours.
- After enough time has elapsed to sufficiently charge the internal battery, turn on the camera.
- Set the time and date.
- Turn off the camera for 30 seconds.
- Turn on the camera again.
- Check to see if the date and time have been saved.
If the issue is still unresolved, the product may need to be repaired. Begin the procedure to send your Sony product into a Sony facility to be repaired.