IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Troubleshoot Closed Caption (CC)
Follow the steps below to remove, change, or access CC on your TV:
- Change the input or channel on the TV.
Note: The CC information may be embedded on signals coming from an external source such as a cable box or satellite receiver, especially if the cable box or set-top box is connected with an HDMI® cable.
- Turning of CC varies depending on the model of your device.
Note: The images below are examples of the location of the Subtitle or CC button on different remote controls.
- On the supplied remote control, press the Display button.
- On the remote, press the CC button.
- In the TV menu, go to the Caption Vision menu and set CC to Off.
Refer to the TV's manual for instructions on how to access the menu settings. Manuals are posted on your model support page.