IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Closed captions, also known as subtitles, display the audio portion of a TV program as text on your TV screen. The text includes sound effects and scenic narration, but whether non-speech elements, such as falling objects, are available depends on the content.
Display Closed Captions on the TV Screen
Press the CC or Subtitle button on the supplied remote control to enable the Closed Caption (CC) feature.
- Closed Captions may not be available for some movies and TV broadcasts.
- Some apps, such as the Netflix™ service, use their own menu to enable Closed Captions. Apps may also change the size and color of the Closed Captions. For additional information, visit the support site of the app.
Customize Closed Captions
- On your remote control, press the HOME button.
- In the Settings category, select Accessibility.
- Select Closed Captions (CC).
- Select Digital CC Options.
- Select Custom.
- Select the option you want to change.