IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Before you start
- To record MP4 movies, the Dual Video REC setting must be On and both HD and MP4 formats will record simultaneously.
- If your camera has the Intelligent Active setting in the SteadyShot menu, set SteadyShot to a setting other than Intelligent Active. Dual Video REC is not available when Intelligent Active is selected.
- SteadyShot settings differ depending on the model.
- Available file formats differ and some functions are not available, depending on the model. To confirm if your model has the file format or function, check the product manuals .
Recording MP4 movies
Set the Frame Rate as follows according to the file format setting:
- AVCHD file format: set to 60i or 24p
- XAVC S HD file format: set to 30p or 24p
- XAVC S 4K file format: set to 30p or 24p
- AVCHD file format: set to 50i or 25p
- XAVC S HD file format: set to 25p
- XAVC S 4K file format: set to 25p
Playback MP4 movies
For NTSC and PAL, you can switch the format of the movie to be played back by selecting the 4K, HD, 4K/MP4 or HD/MP4 icon displayed in the upper right of the playback screen.