IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Your portable speaker will automatically turn off because of the following:
- To save the power consumption when the speaker isn't in use
- If there's no operation or playback for 15 minutes
Change Your Device Settings
Follow the instructions according to your model to prevent the speaker for automatically turning off.
SRS-X33, SRS-X55, SRS-XB3, SRS-XB2
The power may turn off after 15 minutes because of the automatic power off function, which works when the audio input level is low. Make sure to turn up the volume on you playback device (Walkman, iPod, etc.), and on your portable speaker.
Turn the AUTO STANDBY switch at the back of the unit to OFF.
SRS-X7, SRS-X9, SRS-X77, SRS-X88, SRS-X99 or the SRSHG1, SRSZR7, or SRSZR5
SRS-XB3 or SRS-XB2
- Connect your audio device to the AC adaptor, and turn off the power.
- Press and hold the plus (+) button and the minus (–) button at the same time for at least five seconds.
- If the auto power off function switches to off, (BLUETOOTH) indicator flashes three times in white.
- If the function switches to on, the (BLUETOOTH) indicator flashes twice in white.
If the operating time shortens drastically, repair may be required.  Go to Product Repair.