Before you start
- Check the Settings section of your Apple® iPhone® device to ensure the phone is connected to your Wi-Fi® network.
- Make sure that your iPhone and your TV are connected to the same network. You must connect your iPhone to the same network as your TV to cast content from the YouTube® app. For help with your iPhone, refer to apple support or the supplied manuals. Your TV may connect to your home network using either a wired or wireless connection.
Cast Videos to Your TV
- Launch the YouTube app on your iPhone.
- Play the video that you'd like to cast on your TV.
- On YouTube playback screen, tap the Cast icon.
- Tap on the model number of the TV.
- While the two devices connect, a loading icon may appear on your TV and on your phone's screen. Once connected, the video will start playing on your TV.
- The cast feature works on TVs released on 2013 and later.
- The feature supports iOS version 8.1.2 and later.
Try the following steps to help resolve possible issues:
- Check your iPhone Wi-Fi settings, if your router supports multiple bands, you may have more than one Wi-Fi option for your network. If available, connect to the other Wi-Fi option on your network and try again.
- Close the YouTube app, then re-open it and try again.
- Turn off your iPhone, wait about 30 seconds, the turn it on and try again.
- Power reset your TV by unplugging it's power cord, wait about a minutes, plug it back in, then turn it on and try again.
- Reset your modem/router by removing power for about one minute, then turn it back on and wait until the connection is establish, then try again.
Note: If you have a separate modem and router, make sure to reset both devices.