Chromecast built-in (Google Cast) lets you watch your favorite entertainment and apps from your mobile device or computer on your Google TVor Android TV.
Note: To learn more about Chromecast built-in, visit the Official Chromecast built-in website.
Before you start
- Make sure the TV and mobile device or computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- The Chromecast-enabled (Google Cast-enabled) app of the TV and the mobile device or computer must be running the latest software versions.
- For a mobile device, the Chromecast built-in function will only work if an Android device has the Android 2.3 version or later, or if an Apple® iOS™ device has iOS 7.0 version or later.
- For a computer, the computer must meet the minimum system requirements.
How to cast using the mobile device
Follow the steps below when casting photos, movies, or music from a Chromecast-enabled app on an Android or an Apple iOS mobile device to the TV.
- Launch the Chromecast-enabled app on the mobile device.
- On the app screen, tap the Chromecast built-in icon.
- Select the TV model.
- Tap Play to start playback. The content will begin to play on the selected TV.
Note: With an Android mobile device, you can show a Google Chrome tab or your screen on the TV. For more details, refer to the cast a Chrome tab on your TV website.
How to cast using the computer
To cast using the computer, refer to the article How to wirelessly display the computer screen on the TV.
If the Chromecast built-in function does not work, refer to the article Casting from mobile devices or computers to the TV fails.
*Google, Google Chrome, Google TV, Android, Android TV, Chromecast built-in, and other related marks and logos are trademarks of Google LLC.