IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow these steps to add a printer or scanner.
IMPORTANT: To add a printer or scanner, you must first connect and turn on the device. If you are attempting to connect a wireless printer or scanner, make sure the device is turned on and ready to accept a wireless connection.
- Click the Start button, and in the Start menu, click Settings.
NOTE: The Windows Logo + I key combination will also take you to the Settings screen.
- In the Settings window, click Devices.
- On the Devices screen, on the left column, click Printer & scanners.
- Under Add printers & scanners, click the + (Plus) icon next to Add a printer or scanner.
- From the list of available devices, click to select the device you wish to add.
- If the printer or scanner you are attempting to add is not listed, make sure the device is turned on and either connected or ready to accept a wireless connection, then hit the Refresh button.
- If you have verified the printer or scanner is ready but is still not being listed, click The printer that I want is not listed and follow the on-screen to attempt to add the device manually.
To remove an installed printer or scanner, under Printers, click to select the device you wish to remove, click the Remove device button, and at the Are you sure... prompt, click Yes.