Please Wait or Dashes appear on the front panel of the Soundbar
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow these steps if the Please Wait message or dashes (- - - -) show up on the front panel of the Soundbar:
- Disconnect all the devices from the Soundbar, including the HDMI® cable or optical cord.
- Disconnect the Sound bar from the network.
- Disconnect the Ethernet (LAN) cable or turn the router off.
Perform a power reset on the Soundbar.
- Turn off the Soundbar and the TV.
- Unplug the Soundbar power cord from the wall for one minute.
- Plug the power cord back in.
- Turn on the Soundbar.
Update the software of the Soundbar to the latest version. Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Reset the Soundbar to the factory settings. Check your manual for model-specific information. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
If the issue still occurs after trying the steps above, the Soundbar may need to be repaired.  Go to Product Repair.