IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
WARNING! Performing a forced factory reset will remove all customer settings in the TV including apps, channels, and wireless network settings. For XBR X950G/X850G/A9F/Z9F/A9G/Z9G, this will also erase Demo data for retail from the internal storage and the Demo Mode settings will no longer be available.
Before you start
- If you can access the TV menu, perform a factory data reset instead.
- A forced factory reset can only be done on TVs with Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow or higher operating system installed.
- This procedure may require two people.
- The location of the buttons will vary depending on the TV model.
Perform Forced Factory Reset
Follow these steps to perform a forced factory reset if, when facing the back of your TV, the buttons are on the left.
- Unplug the AC power cord.
- Simultaneously press and hold down the Power and volume Down (-) buttons, and then (while holding the buttons down) plug the AC power cord back in. Continue to hold the buttons down until the green LED light appears.
- It will take approximately 10 - 30 seconds for the LED light to turn green.
- Release the buttons after the green LED light appears.
- If the white LED light doesn't turn green within 30 seconds, start from Step 1 again.
- Wait a few minutes for the reset process to take place. The TV will reboot (turn on and off) two times.
- If the TV doesn't turn back ON automatically, press the Power button to turn it back ON.
- Two Welcome screens will appear on the TV.
- Don't set up the first Welcome screen. The TV will auto factory data reset within one minute of the first Welcome screen.
- When the second Welcome screen appears, perform the setup.
- If the Welcome setup screen doesn't appear, unplug the AC power cord and then plug it back in.
- If the issue still occurs, perform this reset procedure again.