IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Frequent use of the remote control may shorten the battery life, especially when performing the following operations:
- Operation on the HOME screen and/or Apps.
- Using the touchpad.
- Set-top box operations
- Using the microphone or voice recognition feature.
- Backlight feature (For RMF-TX611, RMF-TX900, and RMF-TX910 remote controllers only).
Note: You can disable the Backlight feature by simultaneously pressing the remote control's Volume (-) and HOME buttons for two seconds. The Microphone LED will blink twice when you do this.
- Finder (Only RMF-TX910 and RMF-TX900)
- Depending on your model, the buttons and features referenced above may not be available with your remote.
- Some models are supplied with manganese batteries. For longer battery life, alkaline batteries are recommended. (Rechargeable batteries are not supported.)
- When batteries run low, buttons or cursors may not respond appropriately. If this happens, replace the batteries.
Checking the remaining battery life
The Battery indication is available on TVs with Android™ 6.0 Marshmallow or later. You can check the remaining battery level of the remote control on the TV screen by following the steps below. If the battery level is low, we recommend replacing the batteries.
- On the supplied remote control, press the HOME button.
- Select Settings.
- This step will depend on your TV menu options:
- Select Remotes & Accessories → Bluetooth settings
- Select Bluetooth settings
- Select Bluetooth settings → Device list
- Select your remote control. (For example, SONY TV RC MIC 001)
- The remaining battery life is displayed under Unpair.
About the Battery indication
- The Battery indication is available only with a Bluetooth® remote control such as a touchpad and voice recognition remotes.
- The Battery indication is a general guide, not a precise value, and may differ each time you check.
- The TV may take approximately ten seconds to display the estimated value, depending on the remote control. If it displays 100% with batteries that aren't new, wait a while longer for the actual value to display.
- Depending on the batteries, the value at which the remote control doesn't work will vary.
- For example, the remote control may not work with a remaining battery level of 50% for some batteries or 40% for other batteries.
- This function can't be used when the remote control doesn't work.