IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Follow these steps when the Sony Amplifier Driver (for SA-Z1) or Sony Headphone Amplifier Driver (for TA-ZH1ES) does not appear as a device name while setting up the Hi-Res Audio Player application, or when the speaker system or headphone amplifier cannot be recognized by the Hi-Res Audio Player while other devices are recognized:
- Check whether PC (USB-B) appears on the display window of the speaker system or headphone amplifier.
- Note: Press the INPUT button repeatedly to select PC (USB-B).
- INPUT button
- Display window
- Check the version of the Hi-Res Audio Player.
The following Hi-Res Audio Player version is required to use this feature:
- SA-Z1: Version 1.2.7 (or later)
- TA-ZH1ES: Version 1.2.5 (or later)
- If you are using a computer with a Microsoft® Windows® operating system, check to verify if the driver is properly installed. You can download and install the latest version of the application from the
The following driver is required:
- SA-Z1: Sony Amplifier Driver
- TA-ZH1ES: Sony Headphone Amplifier Driver
- If the error message "Device not found" appears, try closing all music playback software other than the Hi-Res Audio Player.
- If the issues still exist even though all other software is closed, then use the Task Manager to make sure the software has been closed.
- If the measures above do not help, then disconnect and reconnect the USB cable and restart the computer.