Before You Start
IMPORTANT: The TV being used must be 4K capable with an HDCP 2.2 certified HDMI port.
- Use a high-speed 4K HDMI® cable that supports 18Gbps bandwidth.
- Requires a Netflix® subscription plan that supports Ultra HD streaming.
- Requires a steady internet connection speed of 25 megabits per second or higher.
- The streaming quality must be set to High or Auto in the playback settings of your Netflix profile.
- Make sure the firmware software for your Blu-ray Disc™ player is updated to the latest version.
Downloads are posted on your model support page.
Note: When using a Bravia™ TV that supports 4K60P, set the TV's HDMI signal format setting to Enhanced format.
Streaming Netflix Ultra HD content
Steps to stream Netflix Ultra HD content using your 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Disc player:
- Connect your player to the 4K HDMI® input of the TV using a high-speed 4K HDMI cable.
- Information for which HDMI inputs on the Bravia TV supports this enhanced format (18Gbps) is available.
- Turn on your TV and the player.
- Make sure your TV is set to the HDMI input that's connected to your player.
- Using the supplied remote for your player, press the NETFLIX button.
- Sign in to your Netflix account.
- Locate an Ultra HD movie or show for playback.
Note: You can search Netflix for the terms 4K or UltraHD to find titles available in Ultra HD.