What is required?
- A Near Field Communication (NFC) compatible mobile device with Android™ 4.1 or higher
- Your WF-1000X Wireless Noise-Canceling Headphones and the supplied charging case
Steps to pair the headphones using NFC
- Turn on the NFC function of your mobile device.
- Check the manual of the mobile device for feature-specific information.
- Remove the left and right headphones from the charging case.
- The blue indicators will blink twice to signal that they are charged and turned on.
- If the headphones are off, press the left and right buttons to turn them on.
- Hold the NFC logo of the mobile device near the NFC logo on the bottom of the charging case until the mobile device vibrates or plays a short sound.
- Take note of the volume settings if the wireless headphones are in your ears.
- The mobile device screen should be unlocked.
- If the mobile device is in a protective case and you are unable to make a connection, remove the protective case.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing.
- The indicators will blink slowly to indicate that the headphones are paired.
- You'll hear Bluetooth Connected when the pairing is completed.
If your NFC-compatible mobile device gets in contact with the bottom of the charging case, the current Bluetooth® connection will be terminated and the smartphone will connect to the headphones. This feature is called One-Touch Connection Switching.