This page provides basic informaiton, connection assistance, and some troubleshooting information for Bluetooth® connections with an Android TV™.
For instructions on how to pair your TV with a Bluetooth device and information on supported Bluetooth profiles, refer to the Help Guide or product manual. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
Connection with audio devices (headphones, speakers, and soundbars)
TVs that support the A2DP Bluetooth profile can connect with Bluetooth audio devices such as headphones or speakers. For compatibility information, refer to the following article:
- Can I use Bluetooth headphones and soundbars with my Android TV?
- Note: TVs released in 2016 and earlier don't support Bluetooth connections with audio devices.
For information on pairing with Bluetooth speakers or headphones, refer to the following:
- Pair your speaker with a Bluetooth compatible device
- How to pair (connect) my Bluetooth wireless headphones to another device
For troubleshooting the Bluetooth connection with audio devices, refer to the following:
- Troubleshoot Bluetooth device connection issues with Android TVs released in 2017 or after
- Can't pair Bluetooth devices to my Android TV
Connection with remote controls and other devices
- Touchpad remote / Voice remote
- How do I pair the voice command remote control to my TV?
- Pair the Touchpad remote control with your Android TV
- How to troubleshoot issues when the Touchpad remote control doesn't work
- The Touchpad remote control stopped working after updating the TV firmware
- Registration of the Touchpad remote control or voice remote control always fails
- Mobile devices (smartphones / tablets)
- Mobile devices (smartphones or tablets) can't connect using Bluetooth. For details about another way to connect the mobile devices, refer to the Play content from a mobile device on the TV article.
- Mouse / Keyboard
- In general, the operation isn't guaranteed for mouse and keyboard advertised as Android-compatible. For further information, refer to the Does My Android TV support USB or Bluetooth keyboard and mouse? article.
- 3D glasses (2015/ 2016 models only)
- If you can't pair or connect your Bluetooth device with the TV, refer to the Can't pair Bluetooth devices to my Android TV article.
- If you have sound issues with your audio device Bluetooth connection on Android TVs from 2017 or newer, refer to the Troubleshoot Bluetooth device connection issues with Android TVs released in 2017 or after article.