IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check the Applicable Products and Categories section of this article before starting these steps.
Check the steps below to use voice commands on your Amazon Alexa™-enabled smart speaker to change volume after you connect it to your TV.
- If an external speaker such as a sound bar is connected to your TV:
- On the Alexa app on your smartphone, confirm the TV name.
- Use the following voice commands:
- Alexa, volume up on (TV name).
- Alexa, volume down on (TV name).
- Using a command such as Set volume to 15 doesn't work.
- As of November 2018, the volume up and volume down voice commands adjust the volume in 10 level increments. Software updates from Amazon may change this.
- If there are no external speakers or soundbar connected to the TV, set up your TV to use the TV Speakers:
- On the supplied TV remote, select HOME.
- Select Settings or the icon.
- In the TV category, select Sound.
- Select Speakers.
- Select TV Speakers.