If the following symptoms occur during a hands-free call, updating the headphone software version to 2.1.0 or higher may resolve the issue.
- It is hard for the other party to hear your voice when you whisper
- The other party hears unpleasant noise when there are loud or irregular background sounds (like a vehicle or train) in your area
Visit the Downloads section on the model support page and use the Sony | Headphones Connect app to get the update
For your reference, you can make a hands-free call using a smartphone or mobile phone that supports the Bluetooth® profile HFP (Hands-free Profile) or HSP (Headset Profile), through a Bluetooth connection.
If the issue still occurs after updating the software, or if your issue is something other than what is listed above, check the following:
- Make sure both the headphones and the connected device are on
- Turn up the volume of the connected device
- Disconnect then reconnect the Bluetooth device
- Select HFP or HSP for the profile. If your smartphone or mobile phone supports both HFP and HSP, set it to HFP
- When you receive a call while listening to music with the headphones, first stop the music playback then tap the touch sensor twice quickly on the left or right unit to answer the incoming call