The Bluetooth remote supplied with my TV doesn't control the volume of my soundbar system
IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Some third party soundbars that can be connected to the TV's Optical output can be programmed to adjust volume based on a TV remote that uses infrared signals (IR).
The latest Sony remote uses a Bluetooth® (BT) connection with the TV, therefore the third party soundbar cannot be setup to adjust volume based on the TV remote.
Here are some helpful tips that can serve as options:
- Utilize the HDMI(ARC) connection on the soundbar (if equipped).
- BRAVIA® Sync is used to adjust the volume of the soundbar.
- Disconnect the BT mode on the supplied remote.
- The remote reverts to IR and will facilitate volume control of the soundbar (but will disconnect the Google Assistant and the Mic function).
- Use the remote provided with the soundbar to adjust the volume on the soundbar.