IMPORTANT: This article applies only to specific products and/or operating systems. Check Applicable Products and Categories for details.
Your Xperia® phone supports USB Power Delivery (USB PD) and works as follows.
- Charging using a PD charger (attached charger) with 30W output in a 25 ° C environment/screen off state, you get much faster charging (0% to 50% in 30 minutes).
- When the battery capacity is 50%, the charging current will be gradually reduced to protect the battery, so the charging speed will be slower.
- Charging while operating the device may slow down the charging speed due to heat generation control.
- When the device is powered on, background operation may affect the charging speed, so charging may be faster when the device is powered off.
- If the charger has a low supply capacity (5V charger, etc.), the charging speed will be slower.
- If you operate the device while charging with a charger with low supply capacity (5V charger, etc.), it may not be charged, or the battery level may be reduced.
- In a low-temperature environment, charging is restricted for safety, charging speed slows down or may stop.
- If the supply capacity is low, or the device is used for long periods of time with the charger attached, then charging will terminate after 13 hours.
- If you do not unplug the charging cable after a complete charge (100%), then the battery will consume power until at 95% capacity, and then the charging will start again.
- If the battery totally discharges (0%) and the device shuts down, there may be a delay before it will start while charging.