The LinkBuds and LinkBuds UC fall out or are uncomfortable
Follow these steps to troubleshoot this issue:
Before you start
If the ear fitting supporters are not the right size or are not sitting in the ear correctly, they may feel uncomfortable. Check the How to replace ear fitting supporters on the LinkBuds article to use the best ear fitting supporters for your ears.
Use your phone to video record how the LinkBuds look in your ears to determine if they are fitted properly and how to adjust them if needed.
After recording the video, go to step 2.
Select your problem:
Check that the ear fitting supporters are sitting correctly in your ear and that it is the correct size for each ear:
- Key point 1: Make sure the ear fitting supporters are tucked under the ear groove in each ear.
If the ear fitting supporters are not placed correctly in the ear grooves, the LinkBuds can easily fall out.
- 3-1 (Incorrect): The ear fitting supporter is out of the ear groove, and the LinkBuds unit is falling out of the ear
- 3-2 (Correct): The ear fitting supporter is properly inserted in the ear groove, and the LinkBuds unit is fitted well
Follow these steps to insert the ear fitting supporters:
- Tuck the ear fitting supporter into the ear groove of each ear and align the supporter with each ear groove (A).
The arch of the ear fitting supporters should be aligned vertically so that the driver units cover the lower part of the concha (near the opening of the ear).
- Check that the LinkBuds don't fall out of your ears.
- Key point 2: Check the fittings again to make sure that the sizes are correct for each ear.
Be careful to not force the ear fitting supporter as it may rotate the LinkBuds and cause the ear fitting supporter to pop out from under the ear groove.
- 3-3 (Incorrect): The ear fitting supporter is out of the ear
- 3-4 (Correct): The ear fitting supporter is securely in the ear
If the ear fitting supporter is too small, the supporter may fit loosely and fall out. If this happens, replace it with a larger size and check the fit again.
- 3-5 (Incorrect): The size is too small for the ear
- 3-6 (Correct): The size is correct for the ear
- Key point 3: Check the position of the driver units, housing units, and ear fitting supports to make sure they are properly positioned.
The driver units (B), housing units (C), and the ear fitting supporters (D) must be properly positioned while the LinkBuds are worn. For each ear, make sure the driver unit (B) covers the lower portion of the concha near the opening of the ear (G), the housing (C) is in between the opening of the ear and the ear groove (F), and the ear fitting supporter (D) is tucked under the ear groove (E):
- B: The driver unit has the hole in the center and is the part that covers the ear hole (concha)
- C: The housing unit is the round piece which includes the touch sensor
- D: The ear fitting supporter tucks under the ear groove to hold it in place
- E: Ear groove
- F: Line to fit the ear
- G: Opening of the ear (Concha)
- Insert the driver (B) into the lower part of the opening of the ear (G).
- Align the housing (C) inside the ear groove line (F).
- Push the ear fitting supporter (D) under the ear groove (E).
Select the issue you are experiencing for more details:The lower part of the Concha (near the opening of the ear) is uncomfortable (1) The concha (near the opening of the ear) is uncomfortable (2) The ear groove is uncomfortable and the LinkBuds feel loose The ear groove is uncomfortable or painful