INZONE Gaming Monitor: Frequently Asked Questions
INZONE™ gaming monitors help you see more clearly and react faster for invincible gaming. Check out the information below to learn more about the monitor and how to use it.
Select your topic
What is the monitor design concept?
Considering competitive games as sports, INZONE products were designed as professional gear for game players, which fit the flexible playing style of eSports players.
In combination with PlayStation®5, there is a sense of unity in design. You can also combine the monitor with other gaming platforms, including gaming computers.
What is the INZONE Hub application?
INZONE Hub is computer software that controls INZONE monitors and headsets. It allows you to personalize experiences by customizing a wide range of operations, including a variety of sound and picture settings. You can also assign specific picture modes and sound profiles of the headset to individual computer applications and games.
Operating systems: Microsoft® Windows® 11 OS, Windows® 10 OS
Visit the INZONE Hub application page for more details.
What is the KVM switch (Auto switch function)?
You can control two computers or one computer and one gaming console, with a single set of a keyboard, mouse, and headset.
The device controlled by USB devices changes automatically, according to the video input source selected. KVM stands for Keyboard, Video, and Mouse.
How to update the software of the monitor.
When there is an update of the software, you can update the software of the monitor using a Windows computer. Follow the steps below:
Note: You can also see the updating procedure in the Updating the software section of the Help Guide.
- Download and install the INZONE hub application.
- Make the USB upstream connection and video input connection, and set KVM switch 1/KVM switch 2 correctly, then change the input signal to apply the setting.
- For details, refer to the Using the KVM switch (Auto switch function) section of the Help Guide. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
- The KVM switch can be set only when Eco mode is set to Off.
- Follow the instructions of the INZONE Hub application to update the software of the monitor.
How can I clean the monitor?
Check the following:
- Gently wipe the screen or the exterior with a dry, soft cloth, such as an eyeglass cleaner.
- For inks from oil markers on the screen, soak a cloth in a non-soap synthetic cleanser, diluted with water to be less than 1% cleanser. Squeeze the cloth tightly to eliminate excess liquid, then wipe gently to remove the ink. Immediately afterward, gently wipe the screen with a soft, dry cloth.
- Don't use detergent with abrasives such as a cleanser.
The DisplayPort, HDMI®, and USB cables are not supplied in the package.
Cables to connect the devices and the monitor are not supplied as the required cable type, version, or length depends on the customer's environment. The customer should purchase appropriate cables separately.
The supplied AC adapter is large.
To minimize the desktop space, an AC adapter is selected. Its shape is optimized to reduce the amount of heat generated by the power supply and prevent the adapter from overheating.
Connecting to a computer.
Check the following:
- Install the latest driver for your computer's graphics board.
- Use cables suitable for the type of video signal:
- When connecting to a DisplayPort: Use a DisplayPort 1.4 cable.
- When connecting to an HDMI terminal: Use an HDMI 2.1 (Ultra High Speed) cable.
- When connecting to a USB Type-C™ (USB-C) terminal: Use a DisplayPort Alt Mode cable.
What is the USB port specification?
The specifications are as follows:
- USB-B: USB 3.0 (5 Gbps)
- USB-C: USB 2.0 (480 Mbps)
- USB-Upstream depends
- USB-A: 5 V, 0.9 A
- USB-C: 5 V, 3 A
What is TÜV Low Blue Light & Flicker Free Certification？
Please see the TÜV Low Blue Light & Flicker Free Certification file for details.
What is the input lag/latency?
For the SDM-U27M90: The input lag time is 4.6 ms, which was measured via 4K/120fps game input based on the internal conditions. The actual lag time may differ in models, real-time usage environments, or specific conditions.
How much is the variable refresh rate range?
The specifications are as follows:
- DisplayPort: 48 Hz - 144 Hz
- HDMI® port: 48 Hz - 120 Hz
What is GtG (Grey-to-Grey)?
GtG (Grey-to-Grey) is a standard method of measuring response time, which is how long it takes to shift from one color to another. The response time of this model is 1ms.
Does the monitor have the Backlight Strobing (Black Frame Insertion) feature?
No, it doesn't support the Backlight Strobing feature.
Is each monitor calibrated in the factory before shipping?
Each individual monitor is calibrated on the production line before shipping, and a color calibration factory report is attached. Color accuracy is ΔE(Delta E) < 1 when HDR signal input.
How to set up the USB Charge setting.
Set the KVM switch correctly for USB charging. For details, refer to the Help Guide.
Note: Input signal changes are necessary to apply the setting.
How to adjust the refresh rate and resolution of the monitor?
Adjust the refresh rate and resolution on the connected computer or the gaming console.
What are the restrictions when using the Power Saving or Eco modes?
For details on the restrictions of the Power Saving or Eco modes, refer to the Help Guide. In addition to the ones mentioned in the Help Guide, there are the following restrictions:
- Fixed refresh rate to 60 Hz
- Fixed Brightness
What is the difference between Black equalizer in Gaming assist and FPS game in Picture mode?
Check the following:
- FPS game: The setting is the optimum preset mode for shooter games which adjusts colors, contrast, and tone overall.
- Black equalizer: The setting adjusts the tone mapping only so that you can find objects easily in the dark scenes.
What can I do with the import/export option in the Device Settings of the INZONE HUB application?
You can save (export) and read (import) items to your computer in Display Settings only.
Note: Items in Device Settings and App Sync Settings cannot be exported or imported.
Unable to set Picture Adjustment.
Available settings differ depending on the Preset mode or input signals.
- When the Preset mode is set as Standard, FPS game, or Cinema: Sony provides the best setting by default, and menu items are grayed out.
- When the Preset mode is set to Game1 or Game 2: Can be adjusted with desired settings. If Eco mode is on, the menu items are grayed out.
- When the input signal is HDR: Only the Aspect ratio can be set.
When displaying both setting screens of the INZONE Hub application and the monitor, they do not synchronize.
The settings screens do not change synchronously, but the settings are correctly changed from the INZONE Hub application or the monitor. To synchronize, exit the INZONE Hub application and launch it again, or close the setting screen of the monitor and display it again
The screen flashes brighter or darker when changing the monitor settings on the INZONE hub application.
When you select the Sony monitor with multiple monitors connected, the monitor may flash to notify you that the flashing monitor is selected.
Note: The screen will only flash when the signal is SDR and will not flash during HDR signal.
The main menu can't be displayed without an input signal.
This is a specification of the product. Only an input selection menu will be displayed when pressing the joystick on the monitor without an input signal.
An Auto picture mode signal was detected... message is displayed on the monitor and cannot be turned off.
When this message appears, use the joystick on the back right side of the monitor, then select either OK or Cancel. It cannot be turned off using a mouse.
Note: The entire message is: "Auto picture mode signal was detected. Preset mode and Eco mode settings will be changed. Changing these settings will increase power consumption. (If Cancel, Auto picture mode will be turned off) Select using joystick".
The picture mutes and displays a Scanning for Signal message when you change the video signal (SDM-U27M90).
This happens when the Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) signal changes from the source device (from Off to On or On to Off). Depending on the VRR signal, it may take some time to adjust the signal frequency when switching. Please wait a moment until the picture refreshes.
Note: Disable the VRR function on your source device to minimize the time the picture is muted
The USB hub function doesn't work, unable to use a mouse or keyboard that is physically connected to the monitor, or cannot control a device connected to the monitor.
The KVM (Keyboard, Video, Mouse) switch allows the USB-A connections of a mouse, keyboard, and headphones to have selectable control over two devices. This makes switching between a computer and game console, for example, very easy and seamless as the keyboard/mouse/headphones will control either device, depending on the KVM setting.
Once the keyboard/mouse/headphones are connected to the INZONE monitor, set the KVM switch correctly and then select the input assigned to KVM switch 1 or KVM switch 2.
- The USB-B and USB-C ports on the monitor connect to a computer or gaming console to provide the video and sound signals. Keyboards, mice, or headsets connected to these ports will not offer device control.
- For details, refer to the USB hub and Using the KVM switch (Auto switch function) sections in the Help Guide. Manuals are posted on your model support page.
I can see shaking on the monitor. (For the SDM-U27M90)
This may be improved by setting Adaptive-Sync/VRR to ON.
- Set VRR to On when using an HDMI input. (only VRR is displayed on the Settings screen.)
- Set Adaptive-Sync to On when using the DisplayPort or USB-C inputs. (only Adaptive-Sync is displayed on the Settings screen.)
Some ghosting or inverse ghosting appears when the Response time is set to Faster.
Ghosting or inverse ghosting may appear during fast gameplay when the Response time is set to Faster. This is due to excessive panel overdrive which may cause slight yet noticeable visual artifacts in the image. To avoid ghosting or inverse ghosting, change the Response time to Standard or Fast.
The monitor has a stuck pixel.
The LCD panel fitted to this unit is manufactured with high–precision technology, giving a functioning pixel ratio of at least 99.99%. A very small proportion of pixels may be stuck, either always off (black), always on (red, green, or blue), or flashing. This is not a malfunction.
The monitor has some light leakage when playing games in a dark room.
To reduce the blooming or halo effect, try the following setting:
- For the SDM-U27M90: Set the Local dimming to Low or Off.
- For the SDM-F27M30: Set the Dynamic contrast to Low or Off.
Note: The setting may cause the whole screen to look washed out.
The monitor does not stay in standby mode.
Some source equipment produces signals that can cause the monitor to wake from standby mode. To avoid this issue, use the Power button at the bottom of the back of the monitor to turn it off.
Note: By turning the monitor off in this manner, when you turn the monitor back on again you will need to manually turn on the source equipment as well.
How to update the software of the monitor
When there is an update available, follow these steps to download and install the update using a Windows computer:Notes:
- A notification will be displayed in the System Software Information section of the INZONE Hub software when a new update is available.
- If you don't have a Windows computer, please refer to the Contact support section of this article.
- Download and install the INZONE hub application.
- Connect the following cables from your computer to the monitor:
- An HDMI (or other) cable to convey the video
- A USB cable to convey data for the update
Settings for the example connection method: In the INZONE Hub software or on the monitor menu, under USB Hub, set the KVM SWITCH 1 to HDMI 1 Sync.
Note: For settings other than the above connection method, refer to the question Connection and settings when updating the software in this article.
Follow these steps to update the monitor software:
- Restart the monitor and computer.
- Start the INZONE Hub software.
- Select Device Settings.
- Select the Update button.
Note: A notification will be displayed in the System Software Information section when a new update is available.
- Read the information on the screen and then select the Update Now button.
Note: Make sure no other monitors are connected to the computer.
Via the monitor screen
- Press the Joystick on the rear of the monitor to display the menu.
- Move the Joystick to the right to select Others-DDC/CI.
- Move the Joystick down and select Software version.
- The software version is shown on the monitor screen.
- Main: Mxxx
- Sub: xxx
Via the INZONE Hub software
- Select the Device Settings tab of INZONE Hub.
- The software version is shown under System Software Information.
- VERSION (MAIN): xxxx
- VERSION (SUB): xxx
Connection and settings when updating the software
For all connection methods and the corresponding USB Hub setting of the monitor menu or the INZONE Hub software refer to the following:HDMI port and USB Type-C terminal
When using HDMI port 1 or HDMI port 2 (A) for the video input connection and the USB Type-C terminal (B) for the USB connection, set the KVM SWITCH 1 to HDMI 1 Sync or HDMI 2 Sync.
When using HDMI port 1 or HDMI port 2 (A) for the video input connection and the USB Type-B terminal (B) for the USB connection, set the KVM SWITCH 2 to HDMI 1 Sync or HDMI 2 Sync.
When using DisplayPort (A) for the video input connection and the USB Type-C terminal (B) for the USB connection, set the KVM SWITCH 1 to DP Sync.
When using DisplayPort (A) for the video input connection and the USB Type-B terminal (B) for the USB connection, set the KVM SWITCH 2 to DP Sync.
When using the USB Type-C terminal (A) for the video input and USB connection, set the KVM SWITCH 1 to USB-C (DP Alt Mode) Sync.
When using the USB Type-C terminal (A) for the video input connection and the USB Type-B terminal (B) for the USB connection, set the KVM SWITCH 2 to USB-C (DP Alt Mode) Sync.
The monitor software update fails
If the software update fails and an Update failed. Check the connection and try again error message appears on the INZONE Hub application, try the following:
- Check the connection and settings in the How to update the software of the monitor? section of this article.
- Disconnect the monitor's power cable and leave it disconnected for at least 1 minute, then reconnect it.
- Restart the computer.
- Try the software update again.
Note: This issue may occur if the computer is unstable, such as immediately after updating the Windows operating system.
Please accept Youtube cookies to watch this video
Access your cookie preferences below and make sure to switch on the Youtube cookie under the 'Functional' section.
Repair information and service assistance
Product support & customer relations
Register a Product
Keep track of all your products in one location
Parts & Accessories
Product information and sales assistance
A place where you can find solutions and ask questions
Support by Sony (Mobile App)